Dear Old Sedberghian,
Following our highly successful and most enjoyable visits to Mons in August 2014, Gallipoli in October 2015, the Somme in September 2016 and Passchendaele in 2017. This year the focus of our Final Pilgrimage will be Mons and Ypres.
We have teamed up once again with Cultural Experience, one of the market leaders in the provision of high quality, expert led military history tours, and I am delighted to announce that we will again have the benefit of the services of Dr Bruce Cherry whose extraordinary knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for our cause has kept us enthralled during the last three Pilgrimages.
The itinerary has been designed to ensure that as well as gaining an overall appreciation of the battles fought in the area in 1918, the sites relevant to the sacrifices made by former Sedberghians will be visited.
The 2018 Pilgrimage will be a truly historic occasion. By October we estimate that the OS Community will have visited 243 graves of the 257 OSs who tragically fell fighting for their country in the Great War. We will be visiting the final 14 graves on the Pilgrimage finishing with the Last Post service at the Menin Gate in Ypres where the OS Club will be laying a wreath during the service.
– Return Eurostar from London St Pancras to Lille (Standard class)
– Executive coach travel while in France
– 2 nights’ bed and buffet breakfast in four-star in Mons
– 1 night bed and buffet breakfast in four-star hotel in Ypres
– 1 x 3-course set menu meal to include wine and coffee, in the hotel or a recommended local restaurant
– 3 lunches
– Entrance fees to museums (if necessary)
– The services and all associated costs of your expert guide, Dr Bruce Cherry
– 100% financial protection through our ATOL (T10153) and membership of The Travel Trust Association
Prices Standard Class
– 25 – 29 paying participants: £740 per person
– 30+ paying participants £715 per person
Single room occupancy supplement £140 per room
If you are interested in booking your place on the 2018 OS Pilgrimage please contact Billy Grimes at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
The Cultural Experience
We are recognised as being one of the market leaders in the provision of high quality expert led military history and we have considerable expertise in organising bespoke battlefield and cultural tours for individuals and groups all over the world. You can find out more about us and our tours at www.theculturalexperience.com.
We are a member of the Travel Trust Association (TTA) which provides a very secure form of financial protection as your money is placed into an independent trust account on your behalf – and we cannot draw on it until your tour is satisfactorily completed. Furthermore, we hold a Civil Aviation Authority Air Travel Organisers Licence (ATOL T10153).
8 Barnack Business Park, Blakey Road, Salisbury, Wilts, SP1 2LP 0345 475 1815 / 01722 340699 / 1-877-381-2914 (toll free) www.theculturalexperience.com www.battlefieldstudies.co.uk www.tceschooltrips.co.ukMidas Tours Limited trading as The Cultural Experience Registered in England No. 05819354 Approved supplier to the Ministry of Defe