Old Sedberghians are invited to take part in the inaugural OS Touch Rugby tournament at Sedbergh on Saturday 15th June. The tournament will be a chance to play with former teammates and reconnect with friends and former coaches.
FAQ’s: Do I need to be young and fit? Absolutely not although being fit helps to run around. There are rolling subs and playing age groups will accommodate 18 to 60 years of age.
Do I need to have played before? Absolutely not. We will explain the rules on the day.
Will it be fun? Yes! Touch Rugby is now a major sport, especially in the southern hemisphere. The event is a social weekend as well as a fun competition.
Is it mixed? Yes, all sexes welcome.
Why should I come along? Because you will suffer severe FOMO if you don’t. Guaranteed!
Programme of Events for the Weekend:
Friday 14th June
- Evening drinks in the Dalesman for those teams wishing to arrive on the Friday
Saturday 15th June
- 10.00am 9-hole round of golf at Sedbergh Golf Club for OS who wish to arrive before the tournament
- 1.00pm Buffet Lunch in Hirst Centre
- 1:30:-2:30pm Changing facilities open at swimming pool for players to change before the tournament
- 2.30pm- 5pm OS touch Rugby Tournament on Riverside and Buskholme
- Teams to be made up of 10-15 players (rolling subs)
- 5:00-6:00pm Changing rooms open at swimming pool for teams to change in
- 6.00pm Drinks at Busk Pavilion hosted by Dan Harrison, including staff (both present and former)
- 7:00pm – 12.00pm Dinner in the Hirst Centre (optional)
Sunday 16th June
10:15am Chapel for those OS who wish to attend the School service
Tickets are £30 for the tournament which includes the buffet lunch, entry to play in the tournament and the drinks reception. To attend the 3 course OS dinner in the Hirst Centre as well in the evening, the total ticket cost is £60. Please find the link here to book your tickets https://www.trybooking.com/uk/DCCE
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact Ben Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.