The OS Club is excited to invite you to the first ever Sedbergh Global Online Quiz Night of Fun, which will be held via Zoom on Thursday 19th November at 19:00-20.30pm (GMT). You can join the event simply by clicking HERE on the night. The link will also be shared via the OS and Sedbergh School social media accounts prior to the evening.
You don’t need to be an OS Club member to join, everyone is invited; OS, parents, former and current staff of the Senior School and Sedbergh Prep School, and friends of Sedbergh. This is a global event and since the host and quizmasters will be the only ones visible you can wear your pyjamas if your time zone is ahead of ours. Guests will include Headmaster Dan Harrison, Sedbergh Prep School Headmaster Will Newman, and former Sedbergh Junior School Headmistress Sara Hirst, amongst other guests of OS from around the world. Principal Andrew Fleck will also deliver an address on the School.
And it’s free! Hoorah, the fun has already started! So please join us for an evening that will be a reflection of the strength of our community and a celebration of friendship and heritage.
There are Christmas hampers to be won, for yourself, and/or for the House you represent. This latter prize, a giant Christmas hamper, will be presented to the winning House to help feed the poor urchins who are presently locked in their ‘bubbles’ and in need of serious sustenance. So, if not for yourself, play for your House.
Your House Needs You!
Please see a special video from OS Chairman Jan van der Velde (L 77-82) and Sedbergh School Headmaster Dan Harrison for full details on how to get involved in the event.
The Sedbergh Global Online Quiz Night of Fun – Join us!
Thursday 19th November 2020 19:00-20:30 (GMT)
Hosted by the Chairman Jan van der Velde (L 77-82)
Featuring: Former and Current Members of Staff as quizmasters, Principal Andrew Fleck, Headmaster Dan Harrison, Sedbergh Prep School Headmaster Will Newman, former Sedbergh Junior School Headmistress Sara Hirst, amongst other guests of OS from around the world.
* The event will take place via Zoom (you can join by clicking this link) and will be hosted by OS Chairman Jan van der Velde (L 77-82). You do not need a Zoom account to take part, simply click on the link to join in!
* Although contestants will not be visible on Zoom (meaning you can play in your pyjamas and slippers), each contestant can participate by answering questions via the Kahoot! app which can be downloaded here or simply by searching “Kahoot!” in the app store. This way, Kahoot! essentially functions as a pen and paper.
* It is necessary to use two devices on the night, one for the Zoom call (ideally a computer or laptop) which is where the questions will be visible and will be read aloud, and the other for Kahoot! which will be used for submitting answers only.
* When joining the game in the Kahoot app (the PIN will be announced during the Zoom call), please enter the House you would like to represent in brackets after your name (if you would like to represent a Boarding House), e.g. John Smith (SH) or John Smith (School House), or simply your first initial and surname if you prefer.
* Questions will be read aloud by the quizmasters live on Zoom and contestants then submit their answers on the Kahoot! app in real-time, scoring on both correct answers as well as the speed of their correct answer.
* Questions will be asked in rounds of 8-10 questions by different quizmasters. A live Top 5 leaderboard will be displayed and updated after each question to add to the excitement and competition.
* The categories will mainly focus on Sedbergh trivia, including the history of the School and local area.
* Prize winners will be contacted by the OS Club shortly after the event. The winners will also be also be announced via social media and the following OS Newsletter.
* While it is not necessary to register for the event, if you are interested in attending please contact Ben Collins at email@example.com to help give us an idea of numbers.
We look forward to seeing you there for this special event!